English language levels*
Beginner (Approx. equivalent to Common European Framework & European Language Portfolio level A1)
- You can understand simple phrases and sentences and communicate messages using simple vocabulary.
- You can understand simple phrases and sentences on familiar topics.
- You can understand very simple written sentences.
- You can communicate in a simple and routine way on familiar topics and activities.
- You can read short, simple texts, advertisements, prospectuses, menus and timetables.
- You can write short, simple notes and basic personal letters.
- You can communicate adequately in most situations.
- You can understand the main points in many English radio or television programmes.
- You can read and write personal letters.
- You can communicate effectively and fluently in complex social and professional situations.
- You can understand most television programs and films.
- You can read literary texts and write about complex subjects in letters, essays and reports.
- You can communicate fluently, using idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms.
- You can understand any kind of spoken language at fast native speed.
- You can read complex articles and literature and write complex, stylistically-appropriate texts.
- You can speak and understand with the competence approaching that of your first language.
- You can understand tone, register and nuance.
- You can read and write with a competence approaching that of a native speaker.
* составлено при содействии специалистов Oxford House College, London